City of Aiken PRT Weeks Center Post Covid-19 Operations Procedures
In Accordance with USAPA Return To Play Guidelines
- Centers must exclude all citizens from facilities if they have been diagnosed with Covid-19.
BEFORE YOU PLAY
- Be aware that although restrictions are eased when South Carolina moves from Phase One to Phase Two or Phase Three of the Phased Comeback, safety precautions must remain in place until there is a universal vaccine or effective treatment for the coronavirus.
- City of Aiken PRT highly recommends competitive players ease their way back into play prior to competition. Given the layoff from competing, players will be more susceptible to under-training, over-use, and other injuries.
- City of Aiken PRT recommends that you arrange to play with family members or others who live in your household or with individuals who are considered to be low risk. It is also recommended that you play with the same people each time.
DO NOT PLAY IF YOU:
- Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Are a vulnerable individual and your state and region is in Phase One or Phase Two.
- A vulnerable individual is an elderly individual and/or an individual with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
PREPARING TO PLAY
- All participants must sign a new annual liability waiver after reading thoroughly.
- Virginia Acres Park outdoor pickleball courts will remain free and open to the public. City of Aiken PRT strongly encourages players to follow social distancing guidelines while outside.
- Players should be courteous of others and allow other groups time to play.
- City of Aiken PRT will allow reserved play in Odell Weeks Gym 2 on courts 1, 3, 4, and 6. Players must visit www.AikenPickleball.com and sign up for a time slot with a maximum of 4 players per court. This schedule is subject to change.
- A player can only reserve one time slot per day.
- Time slots are 1.5 hours each with a 30 minute window between for sanitizing
- 8:30 AM -10:00 AM
- 10:30 AM - 12:00PM
- 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
- 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time slots are 1.5 hours each with a 30 minute window between for sanitizing
- Protect against infections:
- Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer), or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles. Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats, and towels.
- Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle.
- Use new balls and a new grip, if possible.
- Consider taking extra precautions such as wearing gloves.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there. If you arrive early, consider waiting in your vehicle.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can.
- Remain at least six feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or a high five).
- City of Aiken PRT strongly encourages players to bring their own pickleballs. The front desk will be able to provide sanitized pickleballs if needed.
- You should consider not playing doubles, which could lead to incidental contact and unwanted proximity. If you do play doubles, avoid all incidental contact, NO Chest Bumps, and NO whispering to each other from a close distance to strategize.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet, or other equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks, or towels.
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Try to avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- Stay on your side of the court. Avoid changing ends of the court.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet
- Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
- Do not use the locker room or changing area. Shower at home.
- No congregating on the sidelines or in the lobby after playing. Players should leave the facility after play.
- Staff will sanitize tables, chairs, and nets inside the gym with Lysol spray between scheduled playtimes.
City of Aiken PRT post-Covid-19 annual liability waiver (To be signed before playing)
Participant Waiver, Release, Indemnification of All Claims & Covenant Not to Sue
NOTICE: THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. Read this document carefully and in entirety. By signing this agreement, you give up your right to bring a court action to recover compensation or obtain any other remedy for any personal injury or property damage however caused arising out of myself, my spouse, and my child’s participation in City of Aiken Parks, Recreation and Tourism (PRT) Programs, now or at any time in the future.
Acknowledgment of Risk
I hereby acknowledge and agree that myself, my spouse, and my child’s participation in PRT activities comes with inherent risks. I have full knowledge and understanding of the inherent risks associated with PRT participation, including but in no way limited to: (1) slips, trips, and falls, (2) aquatic injuries, (3) athletic injuries, and (4) illness, including exposure to and infection with viruses or bacteria. I further acknowledge that the preceding list is not inclusive of all possible risks associated with PRT participation and that said list in no way limits the operation of this Agreement.
Coronavirus / COVID-19 Warning & Disclaimer
Coronavirus, COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact. Federal and state authorities recommend social distancing as a mean to prevent the spread of the virus. COVID-19 can lead to severe illness, personal injury, permanent disability, and death. Participating in PRT programs or accessing PRT facilities could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. PRT in no way warrants that COVID-19 infection will not occur through participation in PRT programs or accessing PRT facilities.
Photo – Video Release
The participant is allowed to participate in any way in this program, related events and activities: therefore, I agree that participant’s likeness may be photographed or videotaped and that such image may be published in an outlet used to promote or publicize the program/activity.
Waiver, Release, Indemnification & Covenant Not to Sue
In consideration of myself, my spouse, and my child’s participation in PRT programs, myself, my spouse, and my child, the undersigned participant, agree to release and on behalf of myself, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, and assigns, HEREBY DO RELEASE PRT, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives and insurers (“Releasees”) from any causes of action, claims, or demands of any nature whatsoever including, but in no way limited to, claims of negligence, which myself, my spouse, and my child, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators and assigns may have, now or in the future, against PRT on account of personal injury, property damage, death or accident of any kind, arising out of or in any way related to the use of PRT facilities/equipment or participation in PRT programs whether that participation is supervised or unsupervised, however the injury or damage occurs, including, but not limited to the negligence of Releasees.
In consideration of myself, my spouse, and my child’s participation in PRT, myself, my spouse, and my child, the undersigned participant, agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releases from any and all causes of action, claims, demands, losses, or costs of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in any way related to my PRT participation.
I hereby certify that myself, my spouse, and my child have full knowledge of the nature and extent of the risks inherent in PRT participation and that myself, my spouse and my child are voluntarily assuming said risks. I understand that myself, my spouse and my child will be solely responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury, property damage, or death, myself, my spouse, and my child sustain while participating in PRT and that by signing this agreement myself, my spouse, and my child I HEREBY RELEASE Releasees from all liability for such loss, damage, or death. I further certify that myself, my spouse and my child are in good health and that I have no conditions or impairments which would preclude my safe participation in PRT.
I further certify that I am of lawful age and otherwise legally competent to sign this agreement and that I have legal capacity to act as the parent/guardian of my child. I further understand that the terms of this agreement are legally binding and certify that I am signing this agreement, after having carefully read it, of my own free will.
_____________________________ ________________________________ ____________
Participant Name (Print Clearly) Participant or Parent/Guardian Signature Date
if participant is under 18