Gregg Park Civic Center (GPCC) is a beautiful air-conditioned facility located at 119 Trolley Lane Road, Graniteville, SC, just five miles from downtown Aiken. GPCC has six indoor pickleball courts. If you’re not a member, the guest fee is $10.00 per visit. Individual adult membership is $65 per year. For senior citizens (65 & up) the annual fee is $20. The complete schedule for indoor pickleball play at Gregg Park Civic Center is posted on the calendar at www.aikenpickleball.com.
- Please read the Court Etiquette article under the "Information" tab on our website.
- When you arrive to play, please help set up a net standard before starting play. Before you leave, please help take down a net standard unless there is someone waiting to play on your court. Please do no assume that the court will be used laster in the day. All courts use the paddle line up system to determine who goes on court next when there are more players than courts available.
- When partners want to practice for upcoming tournaments, they may play together if their opponents agree.
- No player should continue to play on the same court during drop-in play for more than 2 consecutive games (unless no one is waiting to play). If there are many players waiting to get on a court, please consider playing games to 9 points instead of the regular 11, as this will speed up play and allow more players access to a court. This should be done by agreement of the players affected.
- Shout “Pickle” if a ball from your court goes into another court. To prevent injury and to avoid hindrance to play on another court, do not go on to the other court to retrieve the ball. Also, please do not simply hit a ball back that rolls onto your court from another court; pick it up and keep it or return it to a player on the court it came from, when that player knows you are returning it.
- This website (www.aikenpickleball.com) contains our playing schedule calendar, handouts, news, andlLinks to all things related to pickleball. Go to the “Contact Us” tab on the home page to send an email with any questions or comments you have about the Gregg Park's pickleball program or to have your email address added to our List Serve. Positive and constructive comments are always welcome!
- Please continue to exhibit the tenets of good sportsmanship, courtesy and friendliness for which Aiken Pickledillys are so well known! All newcomers and visitors are welcome to our program!
At present, we have three formats for pickleball play:The days and times for each format session are listed on our website under the "Calendar" tab.
1. Drop-in Play (DIP) - Mixed levels. All skill levels mix together. There is one paddle queue feeding into all six courts. This is co-mingling time to welcome and play with newcomers or play at another skill level to advance your game. We encourage players to partner up in the most balanced way possible, ensuring the best game for all players.
2.. Drop-in Play (DIP) - Court designation. Players may play at their skill level determined by the Rating Committee as posted on our website. The aschematics below indicate skill level court assignments.
Courts 1 & 2 - Skill levels 3.0 - 3.5H
Court 3 - Beginners - 2.5
Court 4 - 4.0+
Courts 5 & 6 - Court Reservations
3. Court reservation play (CRP). During these play sessions, all players may arrange for a group of four or more players to play together. Reservations are required and can be made by using Sign Up Genius. Instructions and a Link to Sign Up Genius are on our website for this purpose. Only Gregg Park members will be allowed to make court reservations.
Note: When there is no indoor play at Odell Weeks, court designation will be as follows:
Court #6 - 4.0+
Court #4 & 5 - 3.5
Court #3 - 2.5
Court #1 & 2 - 3.0