Gregg Park Civic Center (GPCC) is a beautiful air-conditioned facility located at 1001 A Avenue, Graniteville, SC, just five miles from downtown Aiken. GPCC has six indoor pickleball courts. If you’re not a member, the guest fee is $10.00 per visit. Individual adult membership is $65 per year. For senior citizens (65 & up) the annual fee is $20. The complete schedule for indoor pickleball play at Gregg Park Civic Center is posted on the calendar at www.aikenpickleball.com.
Note: Because of the pandemic, all play at Gregg Park is currently Court Reservations only.
Play is on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday - 0930-1130am; 1130am-1pm. Saturdays - 0900-1100am; 1100am-1230pm. Courts 2 and 5 are closed for social distancing.
Sign up procedures for Gregg Park -
On Thursday morning when the SUG is open for court reservations - when there are three or more days of play:
On the first sign up day (Thursday morning) - each Gregg Park member can reserve/appear on up to three courts/time slots. At the end of the first sign up day, individual players can only appear on three time slots.
On Friday, the second day of signup, each Gregg Park membere can reserve/appear on one additional court/time slot. Individual players can now appear on four different time slots.
The reservations for the first two sign up days must include the first initial and full last name of at least four players.
On the third day of sign ups, and thereafter, Gregg Park members can reserve/appear on any courts that are still available. Courts that are still available on the third day may be reserved by just two players.
When there are two or less days of play, Gregg Park members are limited to one court reservation, and everyone is limited to appearing on one time slot at the end of the first day.
On the second day of sign ups, when there are two or less days of play, Gregg Park members can make one additional court reservation, and individuals can appear on one additional time slot. Reservations on both days must include the first initial and full last name of at least four players.
On the third day and thereafter, Gregg Park members can reserve any courts that are still available, and there are no restrictions on the number of times individual players can play. Courts that are still available on the third day may be reserved by just two players.
Players may enter the gym 15 minutes before the scheduled start time to set up the nets and dividers. Please DO NOT arrive any earlier than that. If there are walkers using the gym, DO NOT block their walking path with the dividers until the scheduled pickleball start time.
Face masks are required for entering and exiting Gregg Park Civic Center and temperatures are taken upon arrival.
- Please read the Court Etiquette article under the "Information" tab on our website.
- When you arrive to play, please help set up a net standard before starting play. Before you leave, please help take down a net standard unless there is someone waiting to play on your court. Please do no assume that the court will be used laster in the day. All courts use the paddle line up system to determine who goes on court next when there are more players than courts available.
- When partners want to practice for upcoming tournaments, they may play together if their opponents agree.
- No player should continue to play on the same court during drop-in play for more than 2 consecutive games (unless no one is waiting to play). If there are many players waiting to get on a court, please consider playing games to 9 points instead of the regular 11, as this will speed up play and allow more players access to a court. This should be done by agreement of the players affected.
- Shout “Pickle” if a ball from your court goes into another court. To prevent injury and to avoid hindrance to play on another court, do not go on to the other court to retrieve the ball. Also, please do not simply hit a ball back that rolls onto your court from another court; pick it up and keep it or return it to a player on the court it came from, when that player knows you are returning it.
- This website (www.aikenpickleball.com) contains our playing schedule calendar, handouts, news, andlLinks to all things related to pickleball. Go to the “Contact Us” tab on the home page to send an email with any questions or comments you have about the Gregg Park's pickleball program or to have your email address added to our List Serve. Positive and constructive comments are always welcome!
- Please continue to exhibit the tenets of good sportsmanship, courtesy and friendliness for which Aiken Pickledillys are so well known! All newcomers and visitors are welcome to our program!
Prior to the pandemic, we had three formats for pickleball play:The days and times for each format session were listed on our website under the "Calendar" tab.
1. Drop-in Play (DIP) - Mixed levels. All skill levels mix together. There is one paddle queue feeding into all six courts. This is co-mingling time to welcome and play with newcomers or play at another skill level to advance your game. We encourage players to partner up in the most balanced way possible, ensuring the best game for all players.
2.. Drop-in Play (DIP) - Court designation. Players may play at their skill level determined by the Rating Committee as posted on our website. The aschematics below indicate skill level court assignments.
Courts 1 & 2 - Skill levels 3.0 - 3.5H
Court 3 - Beginners - 2.5
Court 4 - 4.0+
Courts 5 & 6 - Court Reservations
3. Court reservation play (CRP). During these play sessions, all players may arrange for a group of four or more players to play together. Reservations are required and can be made by using Sign Up Genius. Instructions and a Link to Sign Up Genius are on our website for this purpose. Only Gregg Park members will be allowed to make court reservations.
Note: When there is no indoor play at Odell Weeks, court designation will be as follows:
Court #6 - 4.0+
Court #4 & 5 - 3.5
Court #3 - 2.5
Court #1 & 2 - 3.0